Main Street Program
The Main Street Program is community leaders, business people and private individuals working together to strengthen the local economy and make Barnesville a better place to live and work.
Click HERE to find out how you can become a Member!
Who leads the Main Street Program?
The Main Street Program is governed by a Board of Directors. The Board sets policy, provides direction to committee activities and oversees the duties of the Program Director.
Main Street Meetings
• Main Street Board Meetings – 3rd Thursday at noon of every month
• Design Committee – 2nd Thursday at 6:00 pm of every month
• Promotions – 1st Wednesday at 6:00 pm of every month
Does it just help “Main Street”?
NO! The Main Street Program is designed to work with and assist the entire community. The Barnesville Main Street Program is actually a member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation known as Main Street.
Important information about the Barnesville Main Street Program
- 1991 – MN implemented a state program and Barnesville was one of the five cities selected to take part
- 1995 – Barnesville Chamber of Commerce and Main Street merged
- Barnesville Economic Development Authority
- Private donations – Annual membership of businesses and citizens
Mission Statement: To strengthen Barnesville’s “small town” sense of community by enhancing the interdependent relationships between residents and businesses.
- Design- Historic Preservation, Community appearance and design
- Promotions- Special events, image and retail development
- Volunteer – Help with a special project, as little or as much as you’d like
Board and Committee activities
|• Barney Board Calendar of Events
• Business Seminars
• Welcome packets for new residents
• Showcase Business Trade Show
• Downtown Flower Planters
• Welcome to Barnesville entrance signs
• Community Picnic
• Welcome Banners on streetlights
• Storefront Grants
• Annual Meeting & Awards
|• Goods & Services Directory
• Miracle on Front Street Holiday events
• Holiday Tour of Homes
• Annual Wine Gala
• Spring & Fall Area-wide Rummage Sales
• Fall Farmer’s Market
• Main Street Golf Tournament
• Miss Barnesville Pageant & parade float
• Weekly Main Street News Column
• Quarterly newsletters