Gas Piping Permit

The City of Barnesville has a franchise agreement with Xcel Energy to provide natural gas service to Barnesville. All areas of the community have gas mains, which are located either in the boulevards or the alleys. If you are interested in having natural gas at your home or business, contact Xcel Energy directly at (701) 241-8604 or or check out the website at

If you wish to bring natural gas into your home or business, the contractor doing the work is required to apply for a Gas Piping Permit from the City of Barnesville.