What is the Main Street Program?
The mission of the Main Street Program is to "Strengthen Barnesville’s small town sense of community by enhancing the interdependent relationships between residents and businesses." For years the Main Street Program has been working to make Barnesville a better place to live and work.
Who leads the Main Street Program?
The Main Street Program is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors. The Board sets policy, provides direction to committee activities and oversees the duties of the Program Director. The director leads the Design and Promotions committees on various opportunities to enhance the visual impact of Barnesville and create fun activities to bring residents together, as well as increase awareness of what the businesses in Barnesville have to offer!
Does it just help “Main Street”?
NO! The Main Street Program is designed to work with and assist the entire community. The name comes from a national community revitalization program active in many states across the nation.
Why Should I Join?
Becoming a member of the Barnesville Main Street Program is a great way to get involved in our community. You will not only get access to some incredible, valuable benefits but it shows your dedication and pride in making Barnesville the best it can be! To become a member, call the office at (218) 354-2479 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Main Street Program can not exist without their members and a number of dedicated volunteers. We have a number of committees and projects for people to get more involved:
- Design Committee - This committee works to preserve the history and enhance the appearance of the community. This committee is also in charge of the Flowers on Front Street, Friendship Park, Toast of the Town fundraiser and helps with the Show 'n Shine Car Shows.
- Promotions Committee - This committee works on special events, image and retail development. This committee plans the Spring and Fall Area-Wide Rummage Sales, the Community Picnic and Breakfast with Santa.
- Volunteer – You can help with a special project, as little or as much as you’d like! This includes events such as Showcase, Miss Barnesville, the annual Golf Tournament and Show 'n Shine Car Shows.
Our Thanks to Our 2018 Gold Members!
The Main Street Program’s activities & projects include:
- Barney Board Calendar of Events
- Business Seminars
- Welcome packets for new residents
- Showcase Business Trade Show
- Downtown Flower Planters and Hanging Baskets
- Welcome to Barnesville entrance signs
- Community Picnic
- Downtown Banners on streetlights
- New Business Incentive Program
- Storefront Grants
- Annual Meeting & Awards
- Breakfast with Santa
- Holiday Turkey Giveaway
- Barnesville Beat Weekly Email Blast
- Goods & Services Directory
- Miracle on Front Street Holiday events
- Holiday Tour of Homes
- Annual “Toast of the Town” Wine Gala
- Spring & Fall Area-wide Rummage Sales
- Fall Farmer’s Market
- Main Street Golf Tournament
- Holiday Decorations Downtown
- Miss Barnesville Pageant & parade float
- Weekly Main Street News Column
- Quarterly newsletters
- Show ‘n Shine Car Shows
- Upkeep of Friendship Park
- Social Media for Program and members