Barnesville has three cemeteries, all of which are located just west of Barnesville off State Highway 9
Barnesville City Cemetery
Although it is called “City Cemetery” but has no official standing with the city of Barnesville. Reorganized 15 years ago, it is governed by the Board of Directors of the Barnesville Cemetery Association. The organization relies heavily on volunteer help from the community for beautification and upkeep projects. It is actively involved in fundraising in order to maintain a perpetual care fund. Lot sales are handled by sexton Duane Rossett. If you are seeking information regarding location of grave sites, please contact Duane Rossett, Diane Nelson or any other board member. The board has just started working on a new tree project.
- Linda Rice, president – 218 354-7560
- Diane Nelson, vice president – 218 493-4361
- Carol Quinnild, treasurer – 218 493-4395
- Sharon Ellefson, director – 218 493-4235
- Joanne Halverson, director – 218 789-7248
- Duane Rossett, sexton – 218 354-7511
- Karen Carpenter, director – 616 607-9187
The Rosemound Cemetery is owned by St. James United Church of Christ. For more information contact sexton Larry Rogers at (218) 493-4206.
St. Mary’s Cemetery
St. Mary’s Cemetery is owned by Barnesville’s Assumption Catholic Church. For more information contact the church offices at (218) 354-7320.