The Barnesville Economic Development Authority was established in 1989 with the goal of assisting the City of Barnesville with their economic development efforts.
To promote community and economic development activities which will create stability to the economy of the greater Barnesville community; resulting in a growing community, stability in the school system, sound building improvements, a viable city infrastructure, and economic feasibility for needed goods and services for its residents.
Barnesville Economic Development Authority Board of Directors:
- Eric Spilde, Chairman (Bobcat/Doosan)
- Bruce Albright, Vice Chairman (Buffalo-Red River Watershed District)
- Brad Field, Secretary (AXA Equitable AgriFinance)
- Don Goedtke (RDO Equipment, salesman)
- Gene Prim (Editor of Local Newspaper)
- Margaret Follingstad (YHR Partners)
- Ryan Tonsfeldt (DBS Inc.)
MEETING DATES AND TIMES:
The Barnesville Economic Development Authority meets the first and third Wednesday of the month at 7:00 a.m. in the upstairs meeting room of Wells Fargo Bank, 202 Front Street North
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Karen K. Lauer, Executive Director
Wells Fargo Bank Bldg., 2nd Floor
202 Front Street North
P.O. Box 550, Barnesville, MN 56514
(218) 354-2145 or (218) 354-7570
The State of Minnesota has many programs to assist in business development activities. Click to see the 2015 DEED Business and Community Development Resource Guide
Check out a recent EDA Report that highlights some of the group’s accomplishments.
Learn more about our annual Spark your Start-up Business.